Build trust on the website

I was hesitant to deploy a single ETH to the Earn programme. The reason was I had never heard of DMM and there was little information available on the site and no one to contact. Only option was Reddit… I’ve been involved in crypto for 4 years. Why would an investor who barely know what Bitcoin is add 1000 ETH to an unknown site with only hope to get information and hence trust from some redditor?
Even a DAO needs some ways of letting users get in contact with someone on the inside, especially one with ambitions to handle millions. The security aspect is also under- communicated, I had to google DMM security audit. DMM cannot only target the 0,01 % of the population who understands DeFi.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback; the team will work to improve the layout, information, and links on the website.
The team regularly monitors the official Telegram and Discord for questions and discussion, posts articles to medium, and announces updates on Twitter, Discord, and Telegram. You are right in that the team needs to better communicate that those are the places where people can find the most information & activity, but the team will also work on expanding its presence on other social media platforms.
To address the topic of who DMM is targeting: the team is working on mToken integrations with other platforms, which will enable users to earn interest on their deposits while using their preferred platform.

Here are some links that may be helpful

Telegram and Discord are not proper channels for a serious investor. Neither is Reddit, take this as an example (I’m the OP): https://www.reddit.com/r/DMMDAO/comments/kvsq4a/could_not_refresh_balances_due_to_an_unknown_error/.
Since I understand the crypto space I could check Trust wallet/DMM on my phone ans see that my funds were there. If i didn’t know this, like most traditional investors and mainstream won’t, I would become suspicious that my funds were stolen. What would I do? Who would I contact? Why would I trust DMM at all?

1 Like

The product being developed for the more mainstream user is the “return app” I believe. See the following tweet and article:

Thanks, first time I saw the concept visualized - looks very promising! But regardless of UI i believe it’s important to build trust for a service that holds customer funds. Wouldn’t a “Contact us” button where community members handle the support and hence are in control of the customer communication be a good thing and in line with the DAO ideology?

Telegram and Discord are not proper channels for a serious investor. Neither is Reddit

We’re communicating on the governance forum right now, where community members can discuss governance of the project. Cryptocurrency projects using Discord and/or Telegram for communication isn’t something unusual or different from most cryptocurrency projects out there right now; it pretty much comes with the territory if you’re interested in getting involved in crypto. You don’t have to use Discord or Telegram, but that’s the easiest way to reach the team and get support.

Since I understand the crypto space I could check Trust wallet/DMM on my phone ans see that my funds were there. If i didn’t know this, like most traditional investors and mainstream won’t, I would become suspicious that my funds were stolen. What would I do? Who would I contact? Why would I trust DMM at all?

DMM is a cryptocurrency & decentralized finance project. We’re not a publicly traded stock company or something of that nature. We don’t have phone support, but we do at least offer chat support during most hours of the day on Discord and Telegram. We don’t offer insurance if your private key or seed phrase is compromised. A general knowledge of cryptocurrency is pretty much required to use the primary platform, and it is your responsibility to keep your wallet and tokens secure, just as it would be your responsibility to keep your Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc secure. If you’re instead trying to say you don’t trust the platform enough to swap for mTokens: the team is not anonymous & have public profiles which you can review. The platform has been audited and you can find that information in the medium articles; I have forwarded your suggestion to show it more prominently on the website. As another member pointed out, the team is working on mToken integrations with other platforms such as exchanges. DGH is also incubating Return App, which will be integrating & using mTokens behind-the-scenes while enabling even non-crypto users to earn interest on their fiat deposits. Those unfamiliar with crypto would have a difficult time using DMM in its current state, as they would have a difficult time interacting with almost all other defi platforms out there today.

Thanks, first time I saw the concept visualized - looks very promising! But regardless of UI i believe it’s important to build trust for a service that holds customer funds. Wouldn’t a “Contact us” button where community members handle the support and hence are in control of the customer communication be a good thing and in line with the DAO ideology?

You’re basically describing the governance forum, where we are posting right now. Keep in mind that anyone can be a member of the DMM DAO. We can’t connect people in the manner you’re suggesting or link people to places where we do not have moderation abilities, because unfortunately there are many malicious actors out there. Even in groups and servers where we do have moderation abilities, there are occasionally people getting scammed through private messages. If you prefer to speak to other community members, you have several options to do so: the governance forum (here), Telegram, Discord, Twitter, Reddit, etc.
Moreover, anyone can form their own Discord server, Telegram group, subreddit, or any other form of community group to talk about DMM. We link people to official channels because those are the places where people can speak to team members and be given factual information about the project